- Christmas Presents- Please note that the staff do not expect any gifts from pupils at Christmas-if they would really like to give something then a Christmas card would be lovely.
- SING OUT LOUD-3rd to 6th class took part in the Sing Out Loud event in the National Opera House on Wednesday 20th November. Congratulations to all of the pupils who sang their hearts out on the night! We are very proud of you all and we hope that everyone in the audience had a great time! A huge thank you to Mrs. Quigley, Mrs. Keogh and Mr. Wright who spent a lot of time teaching the music to the pupils and who gave up their evening to be there on the night.
- Aladdin Connect-. The Student Menu on the Aladdin app is where you can view all
information pertaining to your child. It is also possible for you to edit
details such as contact phone numbers etc through the app. If you have any
issues regarding Aladdin Connect, please contact the school office and we
will be happy to assist you.
- Please note that if you do not have the Aladdin app up and running at this stage, that you are missing out on the school newsletter, permissions, messages and other important information. We are anxious that you receive all important information from the school. Clodagh is available and very happy to help you to set it up. If you would like to call into the office any day 9am-2pm, she will set it up for you on your own device. Many thanks.
- Board of Management-As you are aware, the new Board of Management takes up position
this month. We would like to extend
our heartfelt thanks and good wishes to the outgoing members of the board
for their dedication and support over the past four years. They are John
Butler, Aideen Codd, Úna Hayden, Peggy Doran and Ann Barron. A special
word of appreciation to Peggy and Ann who have spent over thirty years as very
valued members of the Board of Management. We are so grateful to both
ladies-we know that Rathnure NS has a very special place in their hearts.
- Our Board of Management members for the next four years are Fr. Broaders, Taragh Nolan, Sinéad Doyle, Jim Blackburn, Damian Quigley, Gemma Thornton Doyle, Mary Martin and Marty O’Connor.
- All of the school policies are available to view on the school website www.rathnurens.ie
- Policies to be reviewed this school year are the Anti-bullying policy and the Health & Safety Policy. Further information to follow during the year.
- Green Flag- Wexford Co Council Recycled Christmas Decoration Competition. Well done to all the boys and girls who brought in such creative decorations for the competition. We were really impressed with all the fantastic ideas and the great work that was done! The entries from the following pupils are going forward to the county competition – Ava Brennan (Junior Infants), Conor Nolan (Senior Infants), David Reddy (1st Class), Ella Codd (2nd Class), Saoirse Doolan (3rd Class), Seán Colclough (4th Class), Charlie Moore (5th Class), Pádraig Colclough ( 6th Class) and Kate Higgins & Lilly Kehoe( 2nd Class Group Entry). All these entries are on display in the Wexford Co Council buildings, Newtown Rd, Carricklawn. Winners will be announced before Christmas and decorations will be returned to all pupils.
- Remember to continue to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle over the Christmas season.
- Student Council– The Student Council have recently published the first edition of the new student newsletter called “The Black and Amber”. Well done to everyone on the great effort! We are also putting up a Christmas tree in the school hall which will be decorated by decorations made from the various classes. During the month of December, the Council will hold a Christmas Cinema and Christmas story time in the hall to help get all our pupils into the festive spirit!
- Active School/Health Promoting
School-Well done to everyone on their efforts during our recent
Mindfulness Monday. Remember you can Tweet your pictures
- Active Break Everyday Challenge came to an end on 6th December. Well done to all pupils who participated really well over the last four weeks!
- Literacy Initiatives- Our school has signed up to the Discovery Primary Science and Maths awards. We will be working to achieve this award for our school by taking part in lots of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) activities throughout the year across all of the classes. Thanks to Mrs. Byrne for co-ordinating this project.
- Swimming Lessons-Mr. Wright’s class will have 6 sessions of swimming lessons on Tuesdays after the Christmas holidays.
- GAA/Athletic development coaching- Coaching continues for 4th, 5th & 6th class boys on Tuesdays 3pm to 4pm.
- Hurling 365/Movement training-1st, 3rd & 6th class during school on Wednesdays and Junior Infants 2pm to 3pm. This will change after the Christmas holidays-Junior Infants will have their session during the school day and Senior Infants will take part 2pm-3pm.
- Wexford County Board Coaching–Some of the classes are taking part in football sessions on Thursdays until February.
- Social Dance-. The PA ran a social dance in Rathnure Hall on November 22nd with the proceeds going to Rathnure School & Rathnure Toddler Group. An amazing €1681 was raised on the night. We are indebted to Mary Higgins, Sharon Mernagh and Anne-Maria O’Neill for their work in organising this event. Thank you so much also to the members of the PA who gave up their time to provide refreshments to the dancers and who organized a raffle on the night. Thanks also to everyone who donated baked goods for the occasion.
- Christmas Cards-Thanks to the PA who have once again arranged for personal Christmas Cards to be printed for the pupils in the school. Members of the PA scanned each child’s picture to send to the printers and there was a lot of work involved. We are very grateful for their efforts.
- Carols by Candlelight Bucket Collection-Please note that there will be a bucket collection on the door of the Carols by Candlelight service on Tuesday 17th at 7pm. We appreciate all donations given.
Dates for your diary
- Thursday 12th December-6th class visit to St. John’s hospital
- Thursday 12th December-Senior Infants visit to the Post Office in Enniscorthy
- Sunday 15th December-Do This in Memory Mass for 2nd class.
- Tuesday 17th December-Carols by Candlelight Service at 7pm in the church.
- Friday 20th December-School closes at 12pm for the Christmas holidays.
- Monday 6th January-School reopens after the Christmas holidays
- Wednesday 9th January-Visit from Emma Cahill, teacher and author of ‘Under the mask’, book about expressing emotions for children. Emma will speak to the children about managing their emotions. www.emmacahill.ie
- Monday 17th to Friday 21st February-Mid-term break
- Thursday 27th February-Retreat for Confirmation classes. Further details to follow.
- Thursday 12th March 11am-Confirmation Ceremony for 5th & 6th class.
- Tuesday 17th March-School closed for St. Patrick’s Day
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
Follow us on Twitter!!!
@RathnureNS for general school news and each teacher for their class news and updates:
@MrsNolanRNS @MrsQuigleyRNS @MrsByrneRNS @MrKinsellaRNS @Mr_WrightRNS @MsHaydenRNS @MrsMurphyRNS @MsDoyleRNS @MsStaffordRNS @MrsKeoghRNS