- Welcome- A big welcome back to school to all of our pupils, staff and parents. A special welcome to our 21 new Junior Infants. We are enjoying getting to know you all! We would also like to welcome Ms. Ciara Banville and Ms. Laura Doyle to our teaching staff.
- School population- This year we have 198 pupils, administrative principal, 8 class teachers, 2 SEN teachers, 3 SNAs, caretaker, secretary and two cleaners.
- School Jumpers–Please ensure that your child’s name is clearly printed on their uniform and tracksuit jumpers.
- Carpark Safety-Please continue to take care in the carpark at drop off and collection times. Please remember not to drive in or park where the buses park near the entrance at the Arena to ensure the children’s safety. We would ask that pupils are not dropped to school until after 9am in the morning. Pupils are welcome to enter the school premises after this time when supervision is in place.
- Aladdin Connect/School Payments-We would like to thank all parents for their co-operation with Aladdin Connect. Payments for Art & Craft/Photocopying and swimming lessons can still be made through the app.
- Shining Lights Awards-We will continue to give Shining Light awards this year. These awards will be given to pupils who stand out in terms of the respect, kindness, manners, forgiveness, support, effort etc. that they show to others. These awards can be given by any staff to any pupil across the school.
- Parent and Toddler Group- We are delighted to welcome back the Parent and Toddler Group to the school again this year. They meet every Friday morning from 9:30am-11:15am. Please spread the word to anyone you know that might be interested. This is a fun filled social occasion for parents and toddlers alike!
- We operate a Healthy Eating Policy at Rathnure NS. One small, nut-free treat is permitted for lunch on Fridays.
- Student Council-We are currently in the process of electing our new members to our Student Council. We will be recruiting our new members from 3rd class. We look forward to working on many projects during the year to make our school an even better place to be!
- Green Schools- Walk to School Week runs from October 2nd to October 6th. We are encouraging each of the children to walk to school if they can or walk a lap of the walking tracking on each of these mornings when they arrive at the school.
Welcome to our new Green School committee members – Paidí and Abby in 3rd class and Evie in 5th class. We will be collecting batteries and stamps every fortnight so you can send in any that you have to school.
Wellbeing Committee-Our Wellbeing theme for September and October is ‘Connect’. As Mon 2nd October is Mindfulness Monday, the Wellbeing Committee have organised that each senior class will buddy up with a junior class for a fun activity. We look forward to connecting with our schoolmates.
- Hope Shoebox Appeal–We are delighted to be taking part in Team Hope’s Christmas Shoebox Appeal again this year. The Christmas Shoebox appeal is an annual campaign that delivers gifts straight into the hands of children affected by poverty in Third World countries across Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe. Leaflets will be distributed to the oldest member of each family in the coming days. If you are in the position to make a Christmas Shoebox, it would be greatly appreciated.Please ensure that the Christmas Shoebox is returned to the school by Thursday the 26th of October.
Gaelic Football-We have started a Junior and Senior league in school for all pupils interested in playing Football from 1st to 6th class. The Junior league (1st to 3rd class) will be played on Wednesday’s at Lunch time and the Senior matches (4th to 6th class) will be played on Thursdays and Fridays at lunch time. Best of luck to all involved!
We have started training after school on Thursday’s 3-4pm for the Mini 7’s competition.
Girls: Round 1 of the Mini 7’s competition will be held in Cushinstown GAA grounds on Wednesday 4th October 2023 at 1pm. The girls will be playing 2 matches against Cushinstown and Ballycullane. Best of luck girls!
Boys: Round 1 of the Mini 7’s competition will be held in Rathnure on Tuesday 3rd October 2023 at 12.45pm. The boys will be playing 2 matches against Newbawn and Carroreigh. Best of luck boys!
- Literacy Lift Off -is currently taking place in 1st class. Pupils are working really hard on reading, phonics and spelling every week. We will move to Senior Infants after Halloween. Literacy Hour also takes place in 4th Class every week. Well done to all pupils.
- Swimming- Pupils from 1st-6th class are attending swimming lessons again this year in the Apex New Ross. The swimming lessons themselves represent very good value for money and we are very grateful to the fundraising efforts of the PA as they are covering the bulk of the cost of the buses which has increased again this year.
- AGM- The AGM of the Parents Association took place on Monday 25th September. More details on fundraising events will follow over the coming weeks.
Dates for your diary
- Friday 13th October- Optional Flu Vaccination in school
- Friday 27th October- Halloween Dress up in school
- Friday 15th March 2024- Confirmation Day
- Saturday 25th May 2024- First Holy Communion
Twitter: Please follow us on @RathnureNS and the individual teacher Twitter pages below.
|Junior Infants||Ms. Úna Haydenemail@example.com||@MsHaydenRNS|
|Senior Infants||Mrs. Lisa Murphyfirstname.lastname@example.org||@MrsMurphyRNS|
|First Class||Ms. Ciara Banvilleemail@example.com||@MsBanvilleRNS|
|Second Class||Ms. Susan Staffordfirstname.lastname@example.org||@MsStaffordRNS|
|Third Class||Ms. Michelle Doyleemail@example.com||@mdoylerns|
|Fourth Class||Ms. Hazel Iversfirstname.lastname@example.org||@MsIversRNS|
|Fifth Class||Ms. Róisín Murphyemail@example.com||@MsMurphyRNS|
|Sixth Class||Mr. Dean Wrightfirstname.lastname@example.org||@Mr_WrightRNS|
|SEN||Ms. Sinéad Doyleemail@example.com||@MsDoyleRNS|
|SEN||Ms. Laura Doylefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SEN||Ms. Laura Doyleemail@example.com|
|Principal||Mrs. Alice Keoghfirstname.lastname@example.org||@MrsKeoghRNS|
|Secretary||Ms. Clodagh McDonaldemail@example.com|