- New Baby- Congratulations to Mrs. Murphy and her family on the birth of their new baby boy recently.
- SING OUT LOUD-3rd to 6th class will take part in the Sing Out Loud event in the National Opera House on Wednesday 20th November. Pupils should be collected from school at 2pm on the day to allow for them to go home, have dinner and change their clothes. The buses will be leaving school at 3.30pm to go to Wexford. After the show, pupils should be collected from the side door of the Opera House. Tickets have been distributed to pupils.
- Science Week– Senior Infants & First class enjoyed a great trip to see a Bubble Show in WIT on Monday 11th November. 2nd & 3rd class travelled to a Surprising Science workshop in New Ross Library on Wednesday 13th November. Junior Infants will take part in a one-hour workshop at school with the ‘Little Medical School’ on Friday 15th November.
- Parent Teacher Meetings-Parent Teacher Meetings will take place on Thursday 28th November. The school will close for pupils at 12.30pm on the day to allow for the meetings. All meetings will take place in the school hall this year. Meeting slots are available for you to view and book on the Aladdin app. Please select a time that suits you. If that date is impossible for you, please contact the appropriate teacher to make alternative arrangements. We look forward to meeting you then.
- Permissions-Permissions for events/activities are now being requested through the Aladdin Connect app. If you wish to read the information after you have given permission, please select Menu on your app, then select your child, go to Student Menu and permissions. You should be able to see all of the information there. This Student Menu is where you can view all information pertaining to your child.
- All of the school Policies are available to view on the school website www.rathnurens.ie
- Policies to be reviewed this school year are the Anti-bullying policy and the Health & Safety Policy. Further information to follow during the year.
- Green Flag-Our theme for the next two years is Global Citizenship Litter and Waste. Understanding that all people have equal rights while at the same time valuing diversity. Valuing the earth as very precious and as a resource on which we all depend and should care for. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito” The Dalai Lama Please send in any old batteries, stamps and mobile phones on Fridays for recycling.
- Student Council– The student council ran their first fundraiser this month. Pyjama Day was held on Friday 8th November with pupils donating €2. All proceeds go to Rathnure Social Group who meet in the John Kelly Hall every Thursday. Well done to all involved. The student council are currently working on a pupil newsletter. We hope to publish issue 1 of “The Black and Amber“, towards the end of the month.
- Health Promoting School-: Mindfulness Monday is the first Monday of every month. Instead of regular homework, pupils are asked to spend the time doing something with their family that they would not usually have the time to do on a school night. Ideas could include baking, playing a board game or visiting an elderly neighbour. Thanks for all the lovely Tweets from our last Mindfulness Monday.
- Active School Flag- On November 11th we begin the ACTIVE BREAK EVERY DAY Challenge where we commit to taking an active break in each class every day for 4 weeks. This will help to promote concentration, healthy bodies and most all….to have FUN!
- Literacy Initiatives- 1st Class have begun Literacy Lift Off which will continue for 6 weeks. Everyone is working really hard on improving reading, writing and Phonics. Senior Infants worked very hard on the first block of Lift Off and are taking a break for now. They will continue after Christmas. Well done everyone!
- Think Maths- Problem of the Week continues with a Junior and Senior correct answer pulled from the hat each Friday at assembly.
- Swimming Lessons-Mr. Kinsella’s class will have 6 weeks of swimming lessons in The Apex in New Ross starting Tuesday 5th November.
- GAA/Athletic development coaching- Coaching continues for 4th, 5th & 6th class boys on Tuesdays 3pm to 4pm.
- Hurling 365/Movement training-1st, 3rd & 6th class during school on Wednesdays and Junior Infants 2pm to 3pm.
- Clothes Collection– Thank you very much to everyone who supported the Clothes Collection on Tuesday 5th November. A total of €860 was raised for the PA. This money will be used to fund buses for school trips and swimming during the school year.
- Social Dance-. Social Dance in Rathnure Hall on November 22nd. Proceeds in aid of Rathnure School & Rathnure Toddler Group. Music by Laurence Campion. Refreshments served. Dancing commences at 10pm. Admission €10. Tickets available from Rathnure Parents Association & Rathnure School Office. All support greatly appreciated. The PA will be very grateful for donations of baked goods also.
- Christmas Cards-Thanks to the PA who are once again, arranging for personal Christmas Cards to be printed for the pupils in the school.
Dates for your diary
- Monday 11th November-Senior Infants & First Class Science Week trip to Waterford IT.
- Wednesday 13th November-2nd & 3rd class Science Week trip to New Ross Library.
- Friday 15th November-Winning Junior Hurling team visit at 10am.
- Friday 15th November-Junior Infants workshop with the ‘Little Medical School’
- Wednesday 20th November-Sing Out Loud Concert in the National Opera House at 7.30pm
- Sunday 24th November-Do This in Memory Mass for 2nd class.
- Thursday 28th November-School will close for pupils at 12.30pm. Parent Teacher meetings will begin at 1.15pm
- Friday 29th November-School is closed for teacher training in the Primary Language Curriculum
- Tuesday 17th December-Carols by Candlelight Service at 7pm in the church.
- Thursday 27th February-Retreat for Confirmation classes. Further details to follow.
- Thursday 12th March 11am-Confirmation Ceremony for 5th & 6th class.
- Saturday 23rd May-First Holy Communion. 10am Rathnure and 12pm Templeudigan
Follow us on Twitter!!!
@RathnureNS for general school news and each teacher for their class news and updates:
@MrsNolanRNS @MrsQuigleyRNS @MrsByrneRNS @MrKinsellaRNS @Mr_WrightRNS @MsHaydenRNS @MrsMurphyRNS @MsDoyleRNS @MsStaffordRNS @MrsKeoghRNS