- Maternity Leave-Ms. Hayden is now on maternity Leave until June. We wish her and her family all the best. We will miss you Ms. Hayden!
- Welcome-A warm welcome to Micheal Ryan will cover Ms. Hayden’s maternity Leave.
- Congratulations-Huge congratulations to Ms. Hore who got engaged over the Halloween break!
- In school Management team-We were in the great position this year to be able to appoint two members of the teaching staff to Assistant Principal 2 (AP2) positions. This means that they will take on extra duties in terms of leadership and management in the school and will join the In-School Management team with the principal and Deputy Principal. Ms. Doyle and Mrs. Byrne are the new AP2 post-holders and we wish them all the best in their new roles.
- Parent Teacher Meetings-It was lovely to speak to all of the parents during the Parent teacher meetings. This communication is very important to us and it is great to check in and collaborate with parents about the pupils and their learning.
- Outdoor shoes/spare clothes- For 3rd-6th class, it is important that your child always has a change of shoes and socks at school so they have dry, clean feet during the day and going home. Also please arrange for a spare change of clothes in your child’s school-bag in case they fall and have wet/mucky clothes. These spare clothes do not need to be a school uniform.
- Warm Clothes/Coats-As the weather is getting colder and more wintry, we advise that pupils always bring a coat to school. They are also permitted to wear extra layers in the classroom should they be cold due to the windows being open for ventilation purposes.
- Christmas Cards-We would ask that pupils do not distribute Christmas cards to one another at school this year.
- Carols by Candlelight-Unfortunately, it will not be possible for us to have our carol service in the church again this year. Instead we are planning a Christmas Singing assembly at school for the pupils. Weather permitting, we will all be outside singing carols for the assembly during Christmas Wellbeing week. We will post a couple of clips of this on Twitter for parents to view.
- TWITTER– Please follow us on @RathnureNS and the individual teacher Twitter pages below.
- Confirmation-The confirmation ceremony for 5th & 6th class will take place on Friday 11th March at 11am in Rathnure Church. School will be open for all other classes. The pupils will also have a retreat on 17th January.
- New Build-Work is progressing well in our new classroom build and we hope that it will be complete in the new year.
- Anti-bullying Policy- We have completed the annual review for the Anti-bullying policy. The policy is available to view on the school website.
- Admissions Notice- The Annual Admissions Notice in respect of admissions to the 2022/23 school year is now available to view on the News section of the school website. Application forms are available on the website also.
- Committees-We are very hopeful that in the new year, we will be able to find safe way for our school committees to meet regularly as we would like to progress the great work!
- Health Promoting school/Wellbeing Committee- Well-being Team – We had our first well-being Wednesday on the 17th November. This month we focused on the theme of Gratitude and thought about all the things we are grateful for in our lives. The Well-being team are also busy planning Christmas Well-being Week which will take place in the week before the Christmas holidays. We have lots of fun activities planned such as a Christmas Colouring Competition, Zoom Quizzes/Bingo, Christmas stories and lots more! We are really looking forward to it.
- Active Flag – this year we are looking to renewing our Active Flag. We will have some new activities in the new year to help us to get up and get active! We are looking forward to getting active and having lots of fun. If anyone has any new ideas or initiatives, they would like to see in the school please speak to Ms. Doyle.
- Gaeilge-Go raibh maith agat Mrs. Byrne, Ms. Hore agus Ms. O’Connor. Tá an scoil ar fad ag foghlaim (learning) amhrán as gaeilge (a song in Irish) ag an am seo! Táimid ag tnúth len é a canadh le chéile!
- Literacy Lift Off-Literacy lift off is continuing in First class at the moment. Many thanks to Ms. Doyle, Mrs. Murphy and the parent volunteers for all of their work in co-ordinating this initiative for the class.
- Reading-We will be introducing ‘Drop Everything & Read’ twice a week at school. This is a time, announced over the intercom, where everyone at school, pupils and staff will read silently for 10 minutes. We hope this will encourage the pupils to read more for enjoyment.
- Wexford GAA Coaching- GAA coaching is now finished for this term. Thanks to PJ and Michael for facilitating the coaching.
- Swimming Lessons -Lessons for Mrs. Murphy’s and Mr. Kinsella’s class will take place from Tuesday 11th January for six weeks.
- Hockey Coaching- Thanks to Diane from Hockey Ireland for providing hockey coaching for November. She is very kindly giving us two extra weeks of coaching in December.
- Gymnastics-We are delighted that Aspire Gymnastics will be visiting our school next term to give gymnastics lessons to all classes on Fridays from 14th January. Gymnastics is part of the PE curriculum. The PA are very kindly going to subsidise the cost so it will only cost parents €5 per child in total for the ten sessions.
- Readathon-Thank you to the PA who ran the Readathon over the mid-term break. They also supplied some lovely prizes to those who were lucky to be drawn out of the raffle! An amazing €2448 was raised in total. This is a fantastic achievement for everyone!
- Swimming Buses-Many thanks to the PA for contributing to the cost of the buses for swimming. We applied for a grant from Swim Ireland and we received €1200 which is also being used to pay for the buses to swimming lessons.
- Clothes Collection-A huge thank you to everyone who donated bags of clothing for our recent Clothes Collection-2250kg was collected! We will let you know how much money was raised when we get confirmation.
- Christmas Cards-Thanks also to the members of the PA for facilitating the printing of personalised Christmas cards for pupils. There is a lot of work in sorting out the cards and we are grateful to them for giving their time to do this work.
Dates for your diary
- Monday 6th December-School is closed due to the ESB being powered off for planned works.
- Monday 13th –Wednesday 22nd December-Christmas Wellbeing Week
- Wednesday 22nd December-School closes at 12pm for the Christmas holidays
- Thursday 6th January-School reopens for Term 2
- Tuesday 11th January-Swimming for Mrs. Murphy and Mr. Kinsella’s Classes
- Monday 17th January-Retreat for 5th & 6th class Pupils
- Confirmation Ceremony-Friday 11th March 11am in Rathnure Church
- First Holy Communion-Saturday 21st May 2022
|Junior Infants||Mrs. Susan Staffordemail@example.com||@MsStaffordRNS|
|Senior Infants||Mrs. Deirdre Byrnefirstname.lastname@example.org||@MrsByrneRNS|
|First Class||Mrs. Lisa Murphyemail@example.com||@MrsMurphyRNS|
|Second Class||Mrs. Alice Keoghfirstname.lastname@example.org||@MrsKeoghRNS|
|Third/Fourth Class||Mr. Darragh Kinsellaemail@example.com||@MrKinsellaRNS|
|Fourth/Fifth Class||Ms. Leanne Horefirstname.lastname@example.org||@MsHoreRNS|
|Fifth/Sixth Class||Ms. Eimear O’Connoremail@example.com||@MsOConnorRNS|
|SEN||Ms. Sinéad Doylefirstname.lastname@example.org||@MsDoyleRNS|
|SEN||Ms. Úna Haydenemail@example.com||@MsHaydenRNS|
|SEN||Mr. Michael Ryanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal||Mrs. Taragh Nolanemail@example.com||@MrsNolanRNS|
|Secretary||Ms. Clodagh McDonaldfirstname.lastname@example.org|