- Welcome: We are delighted to welcome the following pupils to our school community, Shannon Conroy 4th class, Alannah Murphy 3rd class and Lillyann Murphy 1st class. We also welcome Ms. Eve Maloney who is now teaching 4th class and wish Ms. Hore all the best on her maternity leave.
Christmas Concert/Christmas gifts:
- Our Christmas Concert will take place in Rathnure Parish Hall on Thursday 15th December at 7pm. We are thrilled that this event is able to take place and preparations are in full swing throughout the school. All are welcome!
- We are all looking forward to the Christmas season. This year, the staff would like nothing more than a Christmas card or a “Nollaig Shona” when you meet them in the corridors. There is no need to send in Christmas gifts.
World Diabetes Day:
- Diabetes Awareness Day took place on Monday 14th November. As we have a pupil with diabetes in our school, we took the opportunity to support Diabetes Wexford and to raise awareness of the condition in our school. A total of €452.60 was raised on the day for the charity who support children with diabetes.
- We will be accepting applications for admission to Junior Infants for the 2023/24 school year from 1st December. The school’s Admission Policy and Admission Application forms are available on the school’s website or by emailing email@example.com
Green Schools- The Green Schools committee are delighted that we have reduced our landfill waste by 28% since September 2021. We have been working since Halloween on our renewed target of 30% reduction by the end of term 1.
We would like to congratulate all classes on their great work. Bernie and Gretta have
been delighted with the effort everyone has been putting into the clean classroom
challenge in ensuring classrooms are left tidy and rubbish is in the correct bins.
We have completed our Nationality surveys and we are looking forward to holding a Day
of Action to celebrate all nationalities in our school after Christmas.
Following the latest review of our Global awareness surveys 4th , 5th and 6th class are
working on a program of work all about Fair Trade.
Thank you to everyone who donated so generously to the Team Hope Shoe box appeal.
We had an amazing response of 139 boxes which have now been sent to developing
countries to be delivered to children in need in time for Christmas.
Game Changers workshop-4 th and 6 th classes enjoyed taking part in a half day Game Changers workshop given byNiall Quillan, Trocaires Primary Development Officer. They are looking forward tocreating games based on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’S)
Active Schools-For the month of November we have been taking part in the Active Break Every Day challenge. Each day we take a short break to get active throughout the day.
We are also running a slogan competition throughout the school to come up with a new slogan for our Active Flag Committee. Each class have entered the slogan competition and the winning class will receive a special treat! Watch this space to find out our new slogan!
We are looking forward to Christmas Wellbeing Week which takes place the week before the Christmas holidays. There are lots of fun activities planned including our annual Whole School Talent Show. We can’t wait to get started!
Science Week-Science week took place from the 13 th to 20 th November. Classes enjoyed gettinginvolved in the online activities from Science Foundation Ireland and taking part inactivities in their classes. 6th class set up Science experiments in the hall for all classes
to take part in.
Sing Out Loud- Congratulations to the pupils from 4th,5th and 6th class who took part in the Sing Out Loud concert in the National Opera House Wexford. It was a fantastic show and you certainly did raise the roof! Thank you to all the staff who helped prepare the pupils for the event, and also to everyone who turned out on the day to support them! They also performed a selection of the songs in the school hall for members of the CUPHAT project and any members of the community the following Monday. They were rewarded for all their hard work with a treat in their classes on Monday afternoon.
Literacy Lift Off– Senior Infants are taking part in Literacy Lift Off until Christmas. Everyone is working really hard and making great progress. 1st class will be back to Literacy Lift Off in the new year.
- Clothes Collection Fundraiser– We had a great response to the recent clothes collection fundraiser and a very impressive €920 was raised!
- Readathon- Well done to all the pupils who participated in the Readathon that was held over the Halloween break. The total amount raised was €2,269!!!!! This is a great achievement and all the money raised will go towards the cost of buses and additional activities for the pupils.
Dates for your diary
- Killanne Developemant Group Christmas Decoration Competition Closing – Friday 9th Dec
- Christmas Concert- Thursday 15th December
- Christmas Holidays- School will close as 12pm on Wednesday 21st December
- School reopens after Christmas Holidays- Thursday 5th January
- Gymnastics lesssons for Junior Infants to 4th class- Commences 6th January. (5th & 6th class will take part in the Cycling Skills Program during the summer term)
- Saturday 13th May 2023- First Holy Communion
Twitter: Please follow us on @RathnureNS and the individual teacher Twitter pages below.
|Junior Infants||Eimear O’Connorfirstname.lastname@example.org||@MsOConnorRNS|
|Senior Infants||Mrs. Lisa Murphyemail@example.com||@MrsMurphyRNS|
|First Class||Ms. Hazel Iversfirstname.lastname@example.org||@MsIversRNS|
|Second Class||Ms. Susan Staffordemail@example.com||@MsStaffordRNS|
|Third Class||Ms. Michelle Doylefirstname.lastname@example.org||@mdoylerns|
|Fourth Class||Ms. Leanne Horeemail@example.com||@MsHoreRNS|
|Fifth Class||Ms. Róisín Murphyfirstname.lastname@example.org||@MsMurphyRNS|
|Sixth Class||Mrs. Deirdre Byrneemail@example.com||@MrsByrneRNS|
|SEN||Ms. Sinéad Doylefirstname.lastname@example.org||@MsDoyleRNS|
|SEN||Ms. Úna Haydenemail@example.com||@MsHaydenRNS|
|SEN||Mr. Michael Ryanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal||Mrs. Alice Keoghemail@example.com||@MrsKeoghRNS|
|Secretary||Ms. Clodagh McDonaldfirstname.lastname@example.org|