- Website-We are excited to announce that our brand new school website created by Jamdigital is now live! It may be accessed at www.rathnurens.ie and it is PC and mobile friendly. It includes the school calendar aswell as a live google calendar which will be regularly updated. All of the school policies are on the site, information about the activities we are involved in and there is a live Twitter Feed. We hope that the website includes information that parents will need to access to, but we welcome any feedback you might have and information you would like to see on the website. Please email us at email@example.com with any ideas that you have regarding useful content.
- TWITTER-We would love to have more parents following us on Twitter as we post lots of information and photos about what we have been doing at school. Please follow us on the Twitter accounts below. If you have not yet signed up to Twitter, you can now view our twitter posts on our website.
- Carols By Candlelight Service-Our carol service took place in the church on Tuesday 18th December at 7pm. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to the PA door collection which raised €744.75. Well done to all of our wonderful pupils. We were very proud of you all. A special mention to the Junior Infants who dressed up for the nativity and to all readers and soloists.
- Living Arts-5th & 6th class are participating in the Living Arts programme with artists Orla Bates and Aoife Banville. This programme will run on Wednesdays for 8 weeks.
- Open Night-Our annual open night for prospective new pupils will take place on Thursday 31st January at 7pm. Please spread the word.
- Grandparents Day-Catholic Schools Week takes place 27th January to 3rd February. We will have Grandparents Day in school on Friday 1st February. The pupils may invite grandparents or other special people in their lives to Mass in the church at 12.30pm and to come to the school afterwards for refreshments and to visit their classrooms.
- School website-All of the school policies are available to view on the school website www.rathnurens.ie.
- Green Flag-Congratulations to all pupils who participated in the Christmas Recycling Decoration Competition and who created such fantastic decorations. Well done to our winners at county level – Aisling Kehoe (Junior Infants), Ella Codd (1st Class), Emma Codd & Ruby Kirwan (3rd Class) and Charlie Moore (4th Class).
- We are in our second year of the Green-Schools Programme based on the theme of biodiversity. Biodiversity is the variety of all living things on Earth and is our life support system. As part of our ‘Action Day for Biodiversity’ on Friday, we are asking all pupils to take a ‘Biodiversity Pledge’ (pledge will be sent home Friday).This is where they decide what actions they can take at home to help biodiversity. Thanks for your support of all the Green-Schools programmes.
- Health Promoting School-We would like to remind pupils that every Monday is Fruit & Veg Monday. Please make an effort to include some extra fruit and vegetables in lunchboxes. Pupils receive a team sticker when they bring extra fruit & veg. We would also love to receive more tweets of your Mindfulness Monday activities!!
- Hurling lunchtime leagues-Thanks to Mr. Wright and 6th class pupils who are continuing to run lunchtime leagues.
- Hurling 365-Hurling 365 will continue for Junior Infants to 2nd class on Wednesdays from Wednesday 16th January. Thanks to all the volunteers.
- Tag Rugby-Once again this year we are lucky to have Ross Barbour from Enniscorthy Rugby Club with us for 6 weeks tag rugby lessons for 3rd to 6th class. He will be with us on Friday afternoons.
- Rathnure Coiste na nÓg-We would like to say a huge thank you to Rathnure Coiste na nÓg for giving each pupil a hurling ball and skills booklet as a Christmas present.
- Swimming Lessons- Mrs. Quigley and Mrs. Keogh’s classes are going to swimming lessons on Tuesdays in The Apex New Ross. The lessons will run for six weeks.
- NCBI Clothes Collection-Wednesday 12th December- There were 250 bags of clothing donated to the NCBI clothes collection before Christmas. A massive €1375 was raised. This money will be used by the PA to pay for buses to swimming and tours. Thanks to everyone.
- Carina McEvoy Talk-We have arranged for Caroline McEvoy, the author of a new book about anxiety in children called ‘Sometimes I worry-how about you?’, to come to our school to give a talk about how best to deal with anxiety. This talk will be open to the parents from all local schools. It will take place in the school on Thursday 17th January at 7pm. If you would like to learn more about Carina and her book, you can have a look at her website www.carinamcevoy.com or Carina McEvoy Author on Facebook.
Dates for your diary:
- Saturday 4th May-First Holy Communion. 10am Rathnure and 12pm Templeudigan
- Thursday 17th January-Anxiety in children talk in school hall 7pm.
- Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th January-Do This in Memory Masses for First Holy Communion class.
- Thursday 31st January-Open Night 7pm-8pm
- Friday 1st February-Grandparents Day-Mass at 12.30pm, followed by a visit to the school.
Follow us on Twitter!!!
@RathnureNS for general school news and each teacher for their class news and updates:
@MrsNolanRNS @MrsQuigleyRNS @MrsByrneRNS @MrKinsellaRNS @Mr_WrightRNS @MsHaydenRNS @MrsMurphyRNS @MsDoyleRNS @MsStaffordRNS @MrsKeoghRNS