- TWITTER-We would love to have more parents following us on Twitter as we post lots of information and photos about what we have been doing at school. Please follow us on the Twitter accounts below. If you have not yet signed up to Twitter, you can now view our twitter posts on our website.
- Open Night-Our annual open night for prospective new pupils took place on Thursday 31st January at 7pm. It was a great night. Huge thanks to our brilliant staff for their work in preparation, to all of the senior pupils who helped out on the night and to our dedicated Parents Association who were on hand to provide refreshments. We look forward to welcoming our new Junior Infants in September.
- Grandparents Day- We celebrated Grandparents Day in school on Monday 4th February. We had a great day, with Mass in the church, classroom visits and refreshments in the school hall. A big thank you to the members of the PA who worked very hard on the day, to Fr. Broaders, Seanie, Ted and the hall committee and to all of our staff and pupils. We hope all of our visitors enjoyed the afternoon as much as we did!
- Credit Union Quiz-Well done to those involved in the Credit Union Quiz last weekend. The teams were Kayla Reddy, Charlie Mooney, Shane Reddy, Laura Somers, Ciara Somers, Aoife Somers, Oisín Moore and Eoin O’Neill. Thanks to everyone who helped to prepare the teams.
- School website-All of the school policies are available to view on the school website www.rathnurens.ie.
- Policy on access and custody issues-The Board of Management has ratified a new policy on access and custody issues. This policy will be uploaded onto our website very soon.
- Green Flag- We have run a competition to choose a new Green Code for Biodiversity-the winner and the new code to be announced at assembly on Friday! We hope to apply for the renewal of our Green Flag by 29th March.
- Health Promoting School-Well done to everyone who makes such a big effort for Fruit & Veg Monday. Keep up the good work!!
- Literacy-Our second 6 week block of Literacy Lift Off in 1st class will finish next week. A big thank you to all of our parent helpers, SNAs and SEN team for all of their help with this initiative. Literacy Hour is continuing in all classes from 2nd to 6th.
- Hurling lunchtime leagues-Thanks to Mr. Wright and 6th class pupils who are continuing to run lunchtime leagues.
- Hurling 365-Hurling 365 continues for Junior Infants to 2nd class on Wednesdays. Thanks to all the volunteers. After mid-term break 3rd class will join the 3pm to 4pm slot.
- Mini 7s-The Mini 7s competition will start the week of 11th February. We will be looking to win 3 in a row in hurling and to do the double this year Hurling & Camogie!!!
- Training-Training for Rackard League and mini 7s Hurling and Camogie will be on Wednesdays after school until 4pm from after the mid-term break.
- Tag Rugby– Ross from Enniscorthy Rugby Club is with us on Friday afternoons for 6 weeks. He is doing some tag rugby sessions with 3rd to 6th class.
- Carina McEvoy Talk- We had a great crowd for Carina’s talk about anxiety in children. If you would like to learn more about Carina and her book, you can have a look at her website www.carinamcevoy.com or Carina McEvoy Author on Facebook.
- Readthon-The PA are running a Readathon this month and sponsorship cards will be distributed this week.
Dates for your diary:
- Mid term Break-School will be closed Monday 18th to Friday 22nd February
- Wednesday 27th March-First Penance. 7pm St. Anne’s Church Rathnure
- Saturday 4th May-First Holy Communion. 10am Rathnure and 12pm Templeudigan
Follow us on Twitter!!!
@RathnureNS for general school news and each teacher for their class news and updates:
@MrsNolanRNS @MrsQuigleyRNS @MrsByrneRNS @MrKinsellaRNS @Mr_WrightRNS @MsHaydenRNS @MrsMurphyRNS @MsDoyleRNS @MsStaffordRNS @MrsKeoghRNS